Breast thermography is a non-invasive breast cancer screening tool
Breast thermography is an FDA-approved procedure that can help visualize and quantify changes in skin temperature. At our functional medicine clinic near Milwaukee, breast thermography allows us to:
- Detect and monitor abnormal physiology
- Establish risk factors for developing breast disorders
- Detect early indications that breast cancer may be present
If breast thermography detects any suspicious findings, women can alert their physician so that they can pursue further testing and treatment. Breast thermography is not meant to take the place of mammography when that test is deemed medically appropriate.
Breast thermography is especially appropriate for younger women
Younger women, ages 30 to 50, often have denser breast tissue. Dense breast tissue can make it difficult for a screening mammogram to detect breast cancer. In addition, many physicians do not recommend mammograms for women under 50, so breast thermography can serve as an early detection tool. It can identify changes that can help in early detection and monitoring for young women who may be concerned about their risk of developing breast cancer.
How does breast thermography work?
Breast thermography employs digital infrared thermal imaging technology. An infrared scanning device, which does not touch the body, measures the skin surface temperature of the breasts. The device converts infrared radiation that the skin emits into electrical impulses that can be seen on a monitor. Breast thermography maps the body temperature. The spectrum of colors that appears on the monitor indicates the amount of infrared radiation being emitted from the breasts’ surface.
What are the benefits of breast thermography?
Breast thermography, when used as part of a woman’s breast cancer awareness program, offers several benefits:
- Once a woman has her first breast thermogram, a baseline image is established, allowing staff at our functional medicine clinic near Milwaukee to monitor changes even more closely with each subsequent screening.
- It helps identify patients who may be at high risk for developing breast cancer.
- Breast thermography can increase the effective use of mammography by providing a clinical marker for the physician or radiologist, identifying a particular area of the breast that needs to be examined more closely.
- It benefits younger women who may have dense breast tissue or who may not be receiving mammograms due to current guidelines.
- No radiation is involved.
- No contact is made with the breasts.
- It’s a low-cost screening procedure.
At our functional medicine clinic near Milwaukee, we are pleased to offer breast thermography as an additional breast cancer screening tool. Contact us for more information.
Breast Thermography Special! Available August 1, 2017 through October 31, 2017
Bring a friend who has never visited Serenity Health Care Center to have breast thermography, and we’ll give you $30 off your breast thermography.
Mark Your Calendars for Serenity Health Care Center FREE Girls Night Out
Ins & Outs of Happy Breasts:
Gaining an Understanding of Your Breasts
Enjoy a glass of wine and some snacks as you learn more about:
- Environmental factors that contribute to disease
- Tips for healthy breasts
- Lymphatic connections to breast health
- Impact of soft tissue restrictions on the breasts
- Mammography vs. Thermography
- Includes a free gift bag for all participants
Time: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 from 6 to 8 p.m.
Location: Serenity Health, 2607 N. Grandview Blvd., Waukesha, WI
RSVP Required! Call 262.746.9090 to reserve your spot today!