Sharon O’Neill, NP
Sharon O’Neill, NP
Sharon O’Neill, NP, has 25 years of experience in healthcare, providing care for patients with chronic illnesses, and partnering with patients to achieve optimal wellness.
Sharon O’Neill’s Credentials include:
- Board-certified Family Nurse Practitioner
- Functional Medicine Certification in progress ( SAFM)
- Lyme Disease training (ILADS)
- Homeopathy certification in progress (CEDH)
Practitioner, Master of Science in Nursing
Sharon is a Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner and has spent most of her career caring for adults with cardiovascular diseases, managing chronic illnesses, and promoting wellness.
Earlier in her career, Sharon gained experience as an RN caring for older adults and patients with HIV/AIDS, as well as in Critical Care and Cardiology. She began her NP practice in Cardiology, later focusing on primary care and wellness for older adults.
Sharon is passionate about Functional Medicine and embraces treating the whole person, not just their symptoms. Sharon empowers individuals to achieve their wellness goals by educating patients on lifestyle, diet, and preventative care.
Sharon has completed training through International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society and the Institute for Functional Medicine. She is currently enrolled in The School of Applied Functional Medicine’s certification program.
In addition, Sharon is interested in multiple holistic healing modalities and is earning a certification in Clinical Homeopathy through the Center for Education and Development of Homeopathy (CEDH).
Sharon is a Board-Certified Family Nurse Practitioner with 25 years of experience in healthcare. Sharon has a passion for working with people across the lifespan.
She has focused her career on helping people overcome cardiovascular disease, finding a solution to chronic illness, and partnering with patients to achieve optimal wellness.
Education, Certification and Training
- 1997, Cardinal Stritch College, AS-Nursing.
- 2003, Cardinal Stritch University BSN, Magna Cum Laude
- 2004 AIDS Certified Registered Nurse, HIV/AIDS Nursing Certification Board
- 2009 Concordia University, Wisconsin MSN
- Lipids Management Certificate, University of Southern Indiana
- Anticoagulation Management Certificate, University of Southern Indiana
- Lyme Training, 2012, ILADS
- Institute for Functional Medicine, Applying for Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice, 2019
- Vector-Borne Illness Fundamentals, ILADS 2020
Sharon O’Neill, NP, specializes in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Lyme Disease and the multitude of issues that coincide with this
- Thyroid Disorders, Hashimoto’s
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Depression and Anxiety
- Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue conditions
- Overweight and Metabolic Syndrome