What is Reiki Therapy?
The foundation for Reiki (Ray-Key) healing touch was developed in ancient India and perfected into a healing art in Tibet. Today it comes to us from Japan, with the Japanese name Reiki given by the re-discoverer, Dr. Mikao Usui. Reiki means “Universal Energy“. It is healing energy of the universe that balances the body’s energy system (chakras) and the endocrine glands. Today, it is employed as a complement to the traditional treatment of a wide variety of conditions (chronic and acute). It is used to reduce stress, relieve acute or chronic pain or discomfort and facilitate healing. It can also be utilized to enhance general well-being and relaxation in individuals without significant health problems.
Benefits of Reiki
- Accelerate Healing
- Increase relaxation
- Balance the flow of subtle energy by releasing blockages
- Assist in the manifestation of goals
- Enhance creativity
- Assist in aligning one with his/ her true purpose
- Reduce pain: including migraines, cancer pain, surgery recovery
- Enhance physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health and well-being
- Promote psychological healing including release of anger, fear, worry, sadness and other unhealthy feelings
- Reduce stress, anxiety, depression
- Help heal relationship
- Help heal unwanted habits
- Increase the amount of energy you have
- Improved mobility after surgery
- Symptom relief during or after chemotherapy
- Decreased use of pain medications post-operatively
- Decreased agitation in those with dementia calming of those with dementia]
- Improved quality of life
- Decreased negative effects of trauma/chronic pain and post-traumatic stress
- Improved symptoms in auto-immune disorders
- Support for withdrawal from substance abuse
- Immune system strengthening and support
How does Reiki work?
Reiki is safe and non-intrusive. During a session, the client relaxes, fully clothed, on a soft table and tranquil atmosphere. The practitioner therapeutically uses her/his hands to conduct Reiki healing energy to the recipient. Reiki is an applied gentle healing touch, not a manipulative touch. The hand positions are organized so that they are aligned with the major organs of the body, also described as energy center/ emotion centers/chakras. Most individuals experience a deep sense of calm as the Reiki energy flows through their system. In some instances, old patterns including emotions may come to the surface for healing. Your first session with a Healing Touch Therapist lasts approximately 1 1/2 hours. Typically, 1-2 additional sessions may be suggested.
How effective is Reiki Healing Touch?
Because of the effective results seen over recent years, Healing Touch is now part of patient care systems in more than 25 hospitals, in the United States. Healing Touch skills are becoming increasingly validated in health care systems around the country. Hospitals that support the practice of Healing Touch as part of their Integrative Health Care system, have found that it facilitates the return of compassion to the forefront of patient care. Hospitals, nursing and medical schools, and allied health professions throughout the world are increasingly embracing Integrative Medicine as consumer demand multiplies and as research supports its use. Healing Touch has had an active research program for over 10 years and more than 50 Healing Touch studies have been completed at universities, medical centers, and in other settings.
Healing Touch Benefits have been documented in at least one research study. Healing Touch is a complementary (or integrative) energy therapy which is also known as Reiki. It can be used in conjunction with traditional therapies or as a stand-alone treatment.
Call 262-522-8640 for Reiki and Cranio Sacral Therapy in Waukesha.