Learn the benefits of thermography
We want you to know about the benefits of thermography, a technology we offer at our functional medicine clinic near Milwaukee. Thermography imaging technology, DITI, employs digital infrared thermal imaging. This technology creates a visual image or map that shows us your body temperature. The various colors indicate the level of infrared radiation that your skin’s surface emits. We use your map, or thermogram, for various medical reasons.
- To create a baseline image
- To help diagnose a condition, disease, injury or infection
- To identify areas of inflammation
Five benefits of thermography
- Thermography is a noninvasive procedure. A thermogram does not require any contact with your body so there is no discomfort.
- Unlike other imaging procedures, thermography doesn’t emit any radiation.
- Thermography serves as an additional diagnostic tool for many conditions. Digital infrared thermal imaging, or DITI, is sensitive to changes in your body, especially in the musculoskeletal and vascular systems.
- Breast cancer thermography is a helpful addition to breast cancer screening tests. One of the most exciting benefits of thermography is its applications in breast cancer screening. DITI is very sensitive to subtle changes in breast tissue. For example, the technology can detect the extra blood supply that may be feeding a small malignant tumor. Early detection saves lives.
- Sports medicine thermography not only helps diagnose injuries, but also helps assess a patient’s progress during treatment. Thermography is helpful if you have sports-related injuries, such as sprains, inflamed tendons and pain syndromes. Diagnosing pain syndromes is one of the lesser known benefits of thermography. If you develop this difficult to diagnose syndrome, you may suffer from pain for six months or longer after an injury. Thermography helps diagnose the problem so that you can receive treatment.
Discover how you can benefit from thermography
Whether you or your family members are working toward achieving optimal health or are suffering from a medical condition, the benefits of thermography can help you. For more information, contact us at our functional medicine clinic near Milwaukee.