The holiday season is here! Are you faced with office holiday potluck parties, family get-togethers and holiday meals? Research shows that the average adults gains weight during the holiday season, slow down their exercise regimen and of course, increase their stress level. What can you do?
Learn more... tips for beating holiday stress
Most people love the holidays but they can also be stressful. I personally love the holidays, the decorating, the shopping, and the party and meal planning. But it can be a little overwhelming sometimes. You have to have proven tips and ticks that keep your stress under control during this time. Follow some of Dr. Muth’s stress reliving holiday tips.
Tips for Beating Holiday Stress
1. Get enough sleep! It is important to remember that things will get done and staying up too late will only deplete your adrenal glands and this will set you behind later for a longer period of time. So plan for at least 7-8 hours of good sound sleep.
2. Mediation, I try to get this in several times a day when the stressors and demands on my time are high. You only need 3-5 minutes to deep breathe, listen to some relaxing music and close your eyes and let your mind take you somewhere else for a while. You can download free meditation music to your phone or laptop.
3. Exercise is important! Even if all you have time for is a quick walk around the block you can keep your body active and limber.
4. Hot baths, Epsom salts and lavender makes a wonderful bath. Soak for 10-15 minutes with some nice candles and low lights. Let your mind just drift away.
5. Get a massage, sometimes you can find holiday specials to treat yourself.