Managing holiday stress – Tips for 12 or more days of bliss-mas
Managing holiday stress can help you experience more of the joy of the season and less of the humbug. The staff at our alternative medicine clinic near Milwaukee has some tips to help you survive and thrive during the holiday season.
Your guide to managing holiday stress
It’s probably unrealistic to say that you can get through the holidays without any stress, but we believe managing holiday stress is within your reach.
- Take a cue from the partridge in a pear tree, the turtle doves, the French hens and the maids a milking. Focus on a healthy diet that includes fruits, vegetables, lean protein, dairy and whole grains. Don’t go overboard on sweet treats.
- Mimic the four calling birds and call a friend. Get together with people who make you happy, but don’t cause you stress. Do it because it’s fun, not because it’s an obligation.
- The geese a laying weren’t really lying around, but you should be. Rest is a wonderful way of managing holiday stress. Short naps are good for your health, and it’s also very important to get good sleep each night.
- Imitate the swans a swimming, the ladies dancing and the lords a leaping. Even though you think you’re too busy to exercise, it’s important to make time for some form of stretching, cardio or strength training each day.
- Take a hint from the pipers and the drummers. Play, sing or listen to music. Music is a proven way of managing holiday stress and calming your nerves.
- Don’t forget to stop and enjoy the sparkling beauty of golden rings, silver lights and the other beautiful sights of the season. A positive attitude and feelings of gratitude can help alleviate stress.
We’re here to help with holiday stress
If you are having difficulty managing holiday stress, see the providers at our alternative medicine clinic near Milwaukee. We provide treatments and therapies that can help.
- Nutrition advice and supplements
- Advice about food allergies
- Alternative therapies, such as massage therapy
- Help with sleep problems
Our alternative medicine providers work with people who need help managing holiday stress or daily anxiety. Contact our alternative medicine clinic near Milwaukee for an appointment.