Pumpkin Oat Bread
Can’t tolerate oats? Replace the with quinoa flakes.
- 1 ½ cups Meister flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teas ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats or quinoa flakes
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease two medium loaf pans (8X4 inches). Sprinkle with gluten free flour.
- In a large bowl, combine Meister flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and xanthum gum.
- In a separate bowl, pour boiling water over the oats and let mixture stand for 20 minutes. If using quinoa flakes, let stand for 5 minutes
- In a small bowl, mix together eggs, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, honey and oat mixture. Stir this mixture into dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds on top. Place pans in preheated oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until done.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
If you prefer mixing your own GF flour blend here is a recipe High-protein Flour Blend
This nutritious blend words best I baked goods that require elasticity, such as wraps and pie crusts.
- 1 ¼ cups bean flour (your choice), chickpea flour or soy flour
- 1 cup arrowroot starch, cornstarch or potato starch
- 1 cup tapioca starch/flour
- 1 cup white or brown rice flour