Leptin, often called the obesity hormone, plays a significant role in regulating appetite and body weight. As weight decreases, leptin falls to stimulate your appetite. When body weight increases, levels should decrease to suppress appetite. If your levels are abnormal, it has a negative effect on your weight and overall health. Learn about leptin and…No Comments
Over the years Americans have been getting higher fasting insulin and hemoglobin A1c blood levels. A study from Life Extension Magazine showed that Americans A1c is 66% higher than desired fasting insulin. Twenty-Two percent had hemoglobin A1c levels that placed them in a pre-diabetic state. What is A1c level and why is it important? Hemoglobin…1 Comment
High blood pressure is a dangerous health condition that leads to cardiovascular disease and many other illnesses. While the exact cause isn’t always known, there are many underlying factors that contribute to the development of high blood pressure. These lifestyle choices can make a positive difference. Weight Gain Can Cause High Blood Pressure: Being overweight…No Comments
Could high insulin be causing you to be fat, the answer is yes! About 35 years ago, the federal government revised the dietary guidelines and advised Americans to consume 60% of their dietary intake from carbohydrates. The latest guidelines from the Institute of Medicine recommended a daily carbohydrate intake of 65% of the daily food…No Comments
JOIN The SERENITY CLUB
The Dark Side Of Injury By Debra Muth, ND
- Prostate Health Secrets for Men
- 9 Symptoms That May Be Corrected With Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
- 10 Signs You May Need to Get Lyme Disease Treatment
- Is HCG Weight Loss Right for You? 5 Things to Know
- Adrenal Fatigue: What Causes It, and How to Treat It
- You May Need Allergy Testing if You Have These Symptoms
- ADHD Treatment FAQs: What Are Your Options?
- Can You Test for APOE4?
- How Quickly Does Bioidentical Hormone Therapy Work?
- 5 Ways Environmental Medicine Can Help You Get Healthier Than Ever