3 signs that it’s a good time to pursue allergy testing
How do you know if it’s time to talk about allergy testing for you, your child or family member? The health professionals at our natural medicine clinic near Milwaukee are always here to help you with answers, expert diagnosis and treatment and advice. Here are three scenarios that should prompt you to consider allergy testing.
- If allergies are affecting your quality of life, it’s time for allergy testing.
There are several signs that you may need allergy testing to diagnose and control your allergies.
- Repeat sinus infections
- Difficulty breathing
- Symptoms that interfere with sleep, work or school
- Failure to control your symptoms with over-the-counter medications and treatments
- Severe reactions to insect bites
- Warning signs of asthma – wheezing, tightness in the chest or shortness of breath
- Symptoms of a food allergy, which need to be confirmed or diagnosed
- If you experience seasonal allergies every spring, you may want to be tested in the late fall or early winter months.
If you find yourself dreading the flowers, trees and plants that bloom each spring, you may need allergy testing. Instead of toughing it out and suffering from the sneezing, congestion and itchy eyes, you may want to come to our natural medicine clinic near Milwaukee for allergy testing while the snow is still on the ground. This allows us to diagnose your allergies and begin treatment before the plants bloom, preparing you for the peak of allergy season.
- If you have experienced allergy symptoms from late July through early fall, you may have mold allergies, so spring is a good time to be tested.
Mold allergies can affect people year-round, especially if they are caused by indoor allergens and toxic mold, but seasonal allergies peak from late summer to early fall, making winter and early spring a good time for allergy testing for seasonal problems. Performing allergy testing a few months before symptoms appear allows us time to make the diagnosis and begin treatment before symptoms reach their peak.
We perform allergy testing year-round at our natural medicine clinic near Milwaukee and encourage patients not to put off the decision to pursue testing. Suffering from allergies is neither necessary, nor good for your health. Contact us today for an appointment.