At our functional medicine clinic near Milwaukee, our practitioner team combines expertise across health disciplines for leveraged knowledge that benefits every patient. As we assist patients in your pursuit of health and wellness, we offer varied therapies and treatments.
What Is Ozone Therapy?
Ozone therapy is the delivery of pure oxygen into the bloodstream. The reactive properties of this form of oxygen collaborate with the body’s natural abilities to heal itself. Essentially, medical grade ozone, or oxygen, stimulates healing and other beneficial activities.
Health practitioners around the world have used ozone therapy for over 50 years. It is especially effective in Western countries where people have become increasingly sedentary.
Lack of activity and shallow breathing as a result of sedentary lifestyles leads to a depleted oxygen supply in the blood. Less oxygen in the blood means less oxygen available for all important bodily functions, from processing at the cellular level to brain power to output of major organs.
Ozone Therapy and the Immune System
Low levels of oxygen in the bloodstream compromise the immune system’s ability to perform. A lackluster immune system can lead to it turning on itself and attacking healthy cells. Autoimmune diseases result from this kind of destructive behavior.
A poor immune system may not recognize dangerous invaders and thus not fight them. This is another way some diseases get a foothold and spread throughout the body. Think cancer and fibromyalgia.
Ozone therapy infuses the immune system with super-charged oxygen. The “booster shot” resets the immune system, energizing it to function normally. It is better able to recognize and fight off foreign bodies and less likely to turn on itself
How is Ozone Therapy Administered?
Ozone treatments are most often administered by IV into the arm. Prior to the delivery, half a pint of blood is taken from the patient. A trained Serenity Health professional mixes ozone into the blood and then runs the blood/ozone mixture back into the patient. This completes the treatment.
In some cases, ozone therapy may also be administered through the ears, vagina, rectum, and bladder.
The Benefits of Ozone Therapy
Medical grade ozone promotes restorative activity in the body.
- It optimizes the ability of cells to utilize oxygen
- It naturally detoxifies the body by binding to and neutralizing toxins
- It helps reduce the presence of harmful organisms
- It promotes the growth factors that help regenerate joints
- It boosts the immune system’s power to fight infection
- It influences pain receptors and can help eliminate chronic pain
- It may decrease lung inflammation and regulate lung circulation in the treatment of COVID-19
- It aids the body in managing chronic conditions such as diabetes, hepatitis, and macular degeneration
- It helps mitochondria (bodies inside cells) produce more energy
- It improves blood circulation and cell motility
- It helps decrease the presence of uric acid
What Conditions and Diseases Does Ozone Therapy Help?
- Digestion disorders
- Bowel disorders
- Insulin resistance
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Crohn’s Disease
- Heart Disease
- Lung inflammation
- Respiratory conditions
- Bladder problems
- Macular Degeneration
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autoimmune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and multiple sclerosis
- Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Sports injuries
- Memory loss
Who Should Not Get Ozone Therapy?
Some patients are not candidates for ozone therapy. These include people who suffer from:
- Recent disc herniation
- Thrombocytopenia (blood clotting disorder)
- Ozone allergies
- G6PD deficiency (the breakdown of red blood cells)
Additionally, pregnant women may not receive ozone therapy, or people who are intoxicated or actively bleeding. Recent heart attack victims and those with recent disc herniations also should not get ozone therapy. Ozone therapy should not be administered directly into artificial joints.